Garmin Nuvi Update – The Garmin GPS devices need to be up-to-date in order to deliver the accurate data while driving or hiking. Garmin has several Maps or Gps devices like Garmin Nuvi. In case you have Garmin Nuvi device and you want to install the Garmin Nuvi Update on your device then you can use Garmin Express. Garmin Express software allows you install and download the updates of your Garmin devices from your system. In order to use the Garmin Express, you need to have MyGarmin account. As well as you need to make sure that your Garmin device is registered with the Garmin.
In case you do not want to use Garmin Express software then you can also try to install the OpenStreetMaps on your Garmin Nuvi. This OpenStreetMap is a site which contains various information as well as Maps. Here we are going to discuss the process of downloading and installing maps as well as installing Garmin Nuvi Update on Garmin Nuvi device.
Steps to install Garmin Nuvi Update using Map from different sources:
- First of all, you need to download the Map image from OpenStreetMap and then click on the Complete link.
- You also need to make sure that file name should be “gmapsupp.img”, if not then change it. On most of the devices, you can download a single custom file at a time.
- Now you have to wait until the download process is finished and then connect your Garmin device to your system.
- In order to connect your Garmin device to your system, you need to use a USB cable.
- Make sure that you have already closed the Garmin Express which you have installed on your system.
- Furthermore, you need to place your Nuvi into the USB Mass Storage mode in order to allow your files to copy from GPS as well as to GPS.
- In order to do that you need to open the Menu of the menu of Garmin Nuvi and then select Setup.
- Furthermore, you need to select the interface and then select USB or USB Mass Storage option from the list.
Installing Garmin Nuvi Update:
- After selecting the USB Mass Storage, you need to open File Explorer and then select your device name.
- Now open the Garmin or Map folder and after that copy the downloaded file then paste it into this folder.
- Wait until the file is copied into that folder properly and then disconnect your Garmin device from the computer.
- Now you need to reboot your Garmin in order to save the changes you have made if does not reboot automatically.
- After rebooting the device, you need to select the new Map from the settings.
- In conclusion, open the Tools and then select the settings option from the dashboard.
- Now select the Map Info under the Map option and then select the new installed Map.
By following the above-mentioned process you will be able to install the Garmin Nuvi update on your Garmin device. You can also use the Garmin Express software in case you find this process a bit difficult. But in case of any difficulty during the installation of the Garmin Nuvi Update, you can directly contact Garmin Support. You may also visit us at garmin.com/express for the advanced troubleshooting.
FAQs – garmin.com/express:
- How to download Garmin express update?
- Issues with the Garmin Nuvi 1450 update
- Unable to install Garmin Nuvi 1300 update
- How to find Garmin map updates free download 2017?
- Issues with the Garmin software update
- Can I know the Garmin map update cost?
- Issues with the Garmin express login
- How to download and install Garmin map updater?
Our Garmin Support executives offer you the best solution related to your queries. In case you have any question other than the mentioned in the list, then you can contact Garmin Support or visit us at garmin.com/express.
#Garmin Express #Garmin Nuvi Update